The Pinacoteca do Estado de São Paulo’s mission is to constitute, consolidate, amplify, study, protect and communicate its museological, archival and bibliographic visual arts Collection, either produced by Brazilian artists or intrinsically related to the Brazilian culture, its buildings and memories, seeking to improve the public’s experience with the visual arts, and encouraging its production and artistic knowledge.
Being recognized as a museum, a place for production and dissemination of knowledge, a center of educational and social inclusion, a reference for quality, consistence and dynamism in the museum’s national and international scenario.
• Protection and communication of its Collection and buildings following the strictest technical standards.
• Compliance with its educational function, which is understood as a permanent activity in the process of improving individuals skills, seeking for the development of each individual and the society as a whole.
• Respect for the principles of ethical conduct.
• Build and maintenance of a supportive and stimulating work environment.
• Support the development and appreciation of the institution’s human resources
• Commitment, Accountability and Innovation in its professional practice
Visual Arts, especially the Brazilian production until the present, and administration of the Memorial da Resistência de São Paulo, both in accordance with the cultural policy of the Secretaria de Estado da Cultura de São Paulo [Sao Paulo State Secretary of Culture].